BE1 Careers Page
BE1 Architects Ltd provide services in architecture, urban design and masterplanning, with studios in Bedford and Clerkenwell, London.
Due to an increasing workload we are looking to appoint a talented graduate Urban Designer / Masterplanner or layout designer to join our London studio, to work within its specialist master plan team. The ideal candidate should have between 0.5 and 3 years post qualification experience with some track record and understanding of delivering exemplar masterplanning and urban design schemes. Working on various types of residential led projects around the UK, the ideal candidate will provide technical support to our Senior Urban Designers to assist developing master plans, strategic urban planning concepts and strategies, feasibility studies, design and access statements and design codes.
The candidate should be able to produce drawings and presentations in 2D and 3D, while communicating within project teams and clients during all phases of each project. A good understanding of planning requirements, hand drawing and rendering would be an advantage and good written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
The ideal candidate should meet the following essential criteria:
- A creative designer with a background in architecture, confident in layout design for large scale residential projects, able to test capacities, come up with and illustrate design concepts.
- A passion for seeking innovative, sustainable and creative design solutions for challenging design propositions.
- Possess a high level of visual and verbal skill including freehand and colour rendering skills.
- Ability for researching and analysing project specific data and information to underpin the design.
- Excellent AutoCAD 2D and 3D, SketchUp, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the planning system and UK design standards.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating proven design ability and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
- Post-graduate qualification in urban design.
- Proficient use of REVIT and/or other 3D and rendering software.
- Experience at producing 1/500 scaled free hand sketch residential layouts and working on large scale residential projects for major housebuilders.
- Experience of stakeholder consultation.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams.
In return, BE1 Architects will offer excellent opportunities to develop and grow your skills and career through involvement in a wide variety of projects as well as a competitive salary, pension scheme, contributions towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions we are all currently working remotely and keeping in touch with our clients and teams via virtual video calls. We envisage we are likely to continue with a mix of remote and office working for the foreseeable future.
Interested candidates should send their covering letter, CV and a PDF file of examples of work (no larger than 10MB in size) quoting Urban Designer in the heading to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday the 7th May 2021.
BE1 is an equal opportunities employer.